Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary - Happy 4th of July





Here are some pics of the 4th. We began the morning at the parade in Ogden with my sister-in-law Judith - wait did I say parade? I meant a bunch of cars throwing candy and then more candy. My nieces and nephews took home 6 and half POUNDS of candy(yeah they weighed it!) Not to mention the bag full Brent and Aubrie collected for me. It was hilarious. I was dying. I highly recommend this parade for kids. You won't see any floats, but you will see junior high school officers, and stock your shelves with candy until Halloween. Seriously it was funny!
That night- fireworks and toddlers.... it was actually really comical because we went to my brother's house and all the 3 little ones wanted to do was ride their bikes in the backyard. Brent and Brian got to rock out with some sparklers and flowers and we wondered why we bought any at all? It was entertaining!

On a more exciting note- Brent and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this weekend. He took me to Park City Friday. I loved that he arranged the babysitting (nice huh?) and took me shopping, to a nice Italian dinner on Main street- and we stayed at the Yarrow hotel for the night. Just some of the reasons why I LOVE my cute husband after ALL these years....

6 comments:

Erika W said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun date. In a perfect world, my husband would love shopping as much as I do and would take me to Park City on occation. Alas, this is not the case. But it's nice to know there are those out there who are living the dream! We really do need to get together before you guys take off. Just name the date and we're there!

Lindy said...

Congratulations! It's quite a milestone, and I'm glad you got to do something fun.

Amber and Travis said...

Just thought that we would tell you that we sure do miss you in the ward and hope that you have a good drive back east. Keep in touch.

Becky said...

Hi Julie,

Love the pics. My Good Things Utah ones turned out all blurry for some reason. Dumb camera. Hey good luck on your half marathon. I'm totally jealous! I wish I were in better shape so I could run it with ya. When do you take off? We need to get together - especially since your closer. Call me or I'll give ya a ring!

wackywilsons said...

You are looking great Julie! Funny comments about the whole float thing b/c that same thing happened for us in AZ on the 4th...so much fun though!

When do you guys move out here to the East???

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! BTW I'm using some of your pics for my blog cause I'm on the laptop and don't have them or like with the 4th I forgot my camera. I love ya!