Monday, July 28, 2008

Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon


Over the weekend of the 19th my Dad and I had a fun opportunity to run the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon. We made a weekend out of the trip, complete with a campout at the local KOA in Cannonville. I had a great time with my Dad (like I always do!) I am grateful to him and his desire to get me involved in running. I have to brag about him- he is almost 60 and has run 20 marathons now and 2 half marathons. That is amazing!!! He is encouraging, and even though I am painfully slow he always stays with me and - hey- we finished!!!


8 comments:

Erika W said...

You are my hero! I have never so much as run down the block, let alone any kind of marathon. I agree, we need to get together. Misty is up for it. How about this weekend? Just give me a call or I'll call you, but we don't have any plans this weekend.

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome Jules! I'm hoping that once I recover and start training that I'll be able to do such remarkable things too. You and your dad are amazing. I hope it's my turn next year.

Megan said...

If I make you want to have a kid, GREAT! you should! He is alot of fun... plus he is cute so I guess I have the best of both worlds. I personally think that you are so cool that you ran a 1/2 marathon. I want to run one... but I am too lazy and don't even know where to start! ANyways, how is living with the parents? Everthing you hope for and more?

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

You are my inspiration!! I am so proud of you! Lets get together ASAP. What about this weekend? Call me !

Lindy said...

So THAT's why you're lookin' so HOT?! Good for you...I don't think I could do it.

wackywilsons said...

That is fantastic!!!!

i remember your dad being an avid runner, and what a wonderful memory for you...

holy cow girl, you are in great shape!!!

Amber and Travis said...

Hey Julie! Congrats on the 1\2 Marathon. I just wanted to let you know that we have a blog. How are things going? Are you getting ready for the big move?

Amber Stephens