Sunday, February 8, 2009

What Brent has been doing in the past few months

Well, here I am again. Julie is making me do another post on the blog. Appearantly I have had a few interesting things happen to me since my last post (3 months ago). So lets get started.
Last quarter I was at a career fair during a lunch break. I was hungry and I saw that someone was selling cookies. when I attempted to by one, I was informed that I had to enter a drawing to purchase one. Well I was hungry, and hey what the heck what if I actually one something. Well a few months later (Christmas break) I was contacted by the school stating that I had one something (they didn't tell me what it was). Too my incredible suprise, I wan a new iPod touch. It turns out this thing is worth $300 (Whoo Whoo SOMETHING NICE I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR!!!). I have decided that if ever asked to enter to win a drawing again, I will not pass up any opportunities. A short while after my winnings, a few other PA students and I went to an Amish market in Center City called Reading Terminal. While we were walking we passed a building that was blocked off, and had enough security to make you think that President Bush was hidding out in their. So we decided to stop and have a look. Not long after we started rubber necking, Jamie Fox came out of the building dressed up like he was a lawyer. I guess he is filming his new movie in center city. He didn't look as cool in real life (It must have been the make-up). And lastly, Julie and I were driving home from dinner and came with in a few feet of a van that was completley engulfed by fire. We could feel the heat coming through the glass as we drove by. Julie thought I was going to drive right into it (I thought she was going to jump out the window). That's all. Until next time (3-5 months from now), I hope this has been enjoyable.

6 comments:

Misty said...

Love it Brent! I want some of your luck!

Kristin Sokol said...

one time I won free teeth bleaching. That was pretty cool.

Unknown said...

hmmm...glad you got the touch. With your's and Julie's luck (yeah, I know Disneyland was some 15 year ago) but you could end up winning just about anything.

Leslie said...

I can't believe you won an ipod touch. That is awesome. I never win anything. One time in nursing school I went to this conference, they gave everyone tickets and did a drawing. They were giving away tons of stuff and I had like 10 tickets. I thought for sure I would get something, but no, I got nothing. The only thing I have ever won was a car alarm, back when I had no car. That was great.

Joel and Sara said...

Hey Julie! It's Sara. When is everyone going to the movie?!Aubrey was super cute in Nursery today (at least for the short time I was in there)I wanted to squish her!!

wackywilsons said...

Good for you...a cookie and an ipod!