Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Overreacting



So- last Friday Aubrie was being her usual self and running around at my parents house. (Aunt Becky was chasing her), when she ran into the end of a bookshelf. She cut her eye and it looked awful. Blood started running into her eye and all over her face and I freaked out! The first thing I did was think - "Oh no it might scar if I don't get her stitches!" The first thing Aubrie thought was she was mad that we were not going to be able to go shopping, (which she had been looking forward to all day!) she was crying about her eye and not being able to go shopping. I jumped in the car and headed to the ER immediately. She is fine, she didn't even need stitches. I just OVERREACTED when I saw blood around her eye and thought about a scar! Brent was annoyed because I wouldn't bring her to him at work. Which he should be after all he is an EMT and is about to be a certified Athletic Trainer. Man do I feel stupid! Poor little Aubrie and her black eye! She was mad about getting fixed up at the hospital but gave all the nurses and doctor high fives before we left! Here are some pictures of her first- probably not her last- black eye!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

i love overreacting mommas! but still. when its your child, you can't help it! she's adorable, even with a black eye!

Mel said...

Hehe! I just love that you overreacted. Glad he's alright. What a cutie!

Mel said...

I'm a moron. I said he. I meant she. Obviously!! Sorry.