Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dad's Visit




Last weekend my Dad came to visit us! We first went on a "little" drive to Virginia to have Turkey dinner with my sister Kristi- it was delicious! Then Sunday my Dad got to experience what going to church in Philly is like. His comments were, "Well you have a very diverse ward!" Way to be politically correct Dad! (Really our ward is great and very entertaining!) After church we drove him around Center City and we stopped at the Rocky Statue and The Philadelphia Museum of Art - aka the Rocky stairs. It was really funny because he insisted that we run up them- so funny - and of course Aubrie just loved it. He and Aubrie had quite a lot of bonding time and she keeps asking when Grandpa Holt is coming over-Unfortunately his trip only lasted a few days and now I am REALLY homesick, but I really loved seeing him. My Dad is so great and a wonderful example to my whole family. Thanks for coming Dad- you can come anytime!

4 comments:

Misty said...

aw! gotta love the parents! if it makes you feel any better, i spent most of today wishing you were here. i have been bored out of my mind!

Leslie said...

You know if we ever come to visit you we will be running up those stairs too. It is a dream of Randy's :0)

Kristin Sokol said...

I love those diverse wards. I was in several wards like that in New York. Enjoy it. Church will be so boring after being in wards like that.

DREW and MICHELLE said...

It sounds like you had a good time with your Dad. We had family come in August and to get over the homesickness I just had to jump right back into my routine. Christmas isn't too far away YEAH! I hope you have a good week!
p.s. I agree with the whole The Hills thing...I still love it though!