Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Pictures
















Halloween was so great! Aubrie is only 2 and she was SO hyper all day. I hadn't even let her have candy yet!(it really made me miss teaching on Halloween- that sounds silly but I really did miss my classes this year!) I did several crafts and Halloween games with Aubrie since she is starting to get fun and is able to get into things like glitter and glue!





Trick-or-treating here was different than in Utah - (what isn't different here?) we started out on our street - but after the 5th house and NO one being home we went to another neighborhood. Needless to say, Aubrie loved it and caught on really quickly. It was different, because here if you want Trick-or-treaters you decorate your porch and sit outside with the candy, and only about every 5-6 houses people are doing this. In my neighborhood growing up it seemed the opposite- if someone wasn't home it was weird. We went for about a half hour in one neighborhood with one of Brent's friends and thier kids and then to a neighborhood that is in our ward. Then Saturday they had the ward Trunk -or- treat! By this time Aubrie was a pro. So fun!

9 comments:

DREW and MICHELLE said...

TOO CUTE! I can't believe how grown up Aubrie is. I know what you mean about the differences in trick-or-treating! The city we live in has a law that you are not allowed to trick-or-treat on Halloween. The designated day is the Sunday before from like 1-4p (which fell right during church!) Thank heaven for ward trunk-or-treat! Tell Brent and Aubrie hi from us girls! Miss ya! Are you watching the Hills...cuz I am! DRAMA!

jelainep said...

i think that children are born with the involuntary reaction of Halloween and the knowledge of how & what to trick or treat for. I love kids and Halloween!!! too cute.

Shay said...

You miss Halloween as a teacher?! The season or the day? That was like the craziest day! Sure some fun stuff happened, but my class was always so wired, it was so hard to keep them focused on anything. You are a true blue teacher! Aubrie is lucky to have you.

Jason and Laura Roe said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Aubrie is getting! I am glad that she liked trick or treating, they always do when they can have candy:) YOu look happy and settled in:)

k said...

Such a pretty sleeping beauty. I can't believe how long her hair is! Glad you guys had a fun Halloween.

Holly said...

I love the princess shots. This was the first year we were able to get Kylee to be something other than a princess.

Lindy said...

Jules...I can't believe how much she looks like you...more and more. Halloween sounded like fun - it's different here than in UT, too. Such a cute little princess!

Misty said...

So cute. I just love reading your blog babe. Your CRAZY life in Philly makes up for my lack of life is Sandy. I hang on your every adventure so keep posting. Love you!

Cyndi said...

Julie- Aubrie is so cute! I love the pics of your house! We enede up moving to a 3 bedroom, and it is better, but still the Village... you know that is both good and bad. I am glad to hear you get to come back for a visit. Give me a call if you have time 585-4457