Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's a Mormon?

Funny story- I went to a local salon last week to get my hair done (definitely needed!) and while I was there the girl doing my hair was asking me questions. She asked me where I was from and I told her that I had just moved here from Utah. The guy in the next booth said, "Oh are you a Mormon?" I said yes and she looked at me and said, "What's a Mormon?" That was definitely a first for me. Yet another example that I am definitely NOT in Utah anymore!!!

6 comments:

Shay said...

Has she never heard of Mitt Romney? We have been places before where people thought that "Mormon" meant "Amish". Very funny.

DREW and MICHELLE said...

What a great missionary opportunity! What did you say? Did you have to break any bad/negative rumors about the Church? Sorry about all the questions but it hasn't really happened to me here.

Jason and Laura Roe said...

so that is so funny, it happens to us here alot too! At first it was a little weird that people didn't know but now we are jumping on the opportunity to introduce it! Christmas is the best time of year to do that! Good luck, you will make a great missionary!

wackywilsons said...

And what did you say? Did you feel the excitement of sharing the gospel? Good for you!!! Feel the love! I am sure you did a great job.

Those Halloween pics were great, you look beautiful in orange.

And what a fun parade!

Leslie said...

That is awesome! She must not watch the news very much. Or, do they not cover the proposition 8 controversy there like they do here.

Erika W said...

What the heck? Where has this lady been for the past year? Us "Mormons" have been all over the news lately! Too funny!