Thursday, February 7, 2008

Downeast

Greetings! Sorry for my lack of writing lately- Aubrie and I have been sick!

So, I have been working a few days a week at Downeast Outfitters in Salt Lake. It is a cute little store with very trendy clothes in this ritzy shopping center (Foothill Village). The people that come in are usually pretty colorful. Last week a young guy (probably close to my age) was looking perplexed as he went through a stack of jeans. When I asked him if he needed help he said, "Well, do you have any jeans that don't go so wide at the bottom?" I tried hard not to smile as I looked and noticed his very tapered jeans!!! I was like well that is what is in style. He then said, " I mean man what shoes do you even wear with these?!" I replied, "Uh any!" It really was comical. Hopefully the woman in his life thanks me later with the nice pair he bought! Yesterday, a woman came in, in such a hurry needing help because she exclaimed, "My driver is waiting!" I was thinking -look if you are that rich that you have a driver, make him wait for you! Then she proceeded to tell me how rough life was because she couldn't find a big enough house around here, so she was living at a hotel. Nice huh? Most of the time I really do like my job.... (6 more months?) at least my "bonuses" come as gift cards right? Really their new spring line looks adorable! I am super excited- and just purchased a nice hot pink shirt to go with my newly brown and blonde highlighted hair. (I hate it!) I will attach a picture later. Check out downeast.
www.DownEastBasics.com

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like I'll have to make a little visit to Downeast soon. I would love to see a picture of your new hair. I'm sure it's adorable! I'm sorry you don't like it.

Lindy said...

Wish I was closer so you could dress me!!